[EP3:E-DIARY] MEMORY of HIDDEN GEM@IPOH

7:52 PM

Spending valuable time with family, friends and the right people making me realize that time is precious. This is the story that I've planned for my one week leaves last two months.

I've watched a vlog by a local vlogger, Cj 李静晶, that shares about gems in Ipoh. Without any hesitation, I've done my research on these 3 location and plan well for this trip as it is more than a short getaway for me. Continue reading if you want to know what is the term of 'more than a short getaway' really means. 

I'm sure you might visited to 二奶巷 (a.k.a. Concubine Lane) of Ipoh for countless times as this place is full of yummilicious street snacks. But have you visited to the 三奶巷 (a.k.a. Market Lane), that was just next to it? I personally love arts where their street arts and wall murals amazed me with old school culture. I did not took much pictures as I'm busy enjoying the arts while walking along the street. 

TIP: I purposely plan to pay a visit during weekdays because there would not much of crowds at hotspots that you can enjoy the trip without a rush (and pictures taking is a must not miss habit xD).


Hold my hand


What's this?

In between these two streets, I was being attracted to visit this historical yet awesome spot. The most historical 1980's bank in Kong Heng Square, Ipoh was being evolved by BookXcess that you can buy books from bank vault. *mind blown*


Found it and let's check out!

I'm amazed caused I've never thought of this creative business selling point. I personally have not been visiting to a safety deposit box department at all even though I'm working in bank. Is really an eye opening for me as the historical value is still there although some minor renovation was done.


Books on safe deposit locker

Let me take a picture first xD

Daily minder for me, from me.

The third spot that I wanted to visit was dé Cafe & Rest House. I wanted to try their food and have a chill after busy touring 二奶巷 and 三奶巷. This hidden gem might hard to be found as you might often pass by. But when you have a slow walk, you will realize there is a hidden street to the dé Cafe.

However, they are not operating on that day as they would be replacing National Day off and facing short staff. It's okay. Decided to change location to Purple Cane Cafe, where have been there for few times with my Ipoh buddies (and it's suggested by my Ipoh assistant too xD). Will be back here for a visit next round. But let me take a picture for pre-memories first xD


I'll be back for an official date here.

Okay. Let me open up the meaning of short getaway that I mentioned earlier. The day that I will be touring Ipoh is the day of Chinese calendar Valentine's Day (a.k.a 七夕情人节) and it's also a day before of Mr Chooi's birthday. To be honest, we have not celebrate any couple occasions officially as our working time is total differ as we are kinda LDR here (just that state LDR where I'm at KL and he is from Ipoh xD). 

Sending my love letter to him.

He's with me during my good times and bad times. He was my life consultant, my work and life assistant whenever I face challenges or help needed. Therefore, this mini surprise is to let him know that I do acknowledge his companion no matter what position he is in my heart. Hope that he knows he is more than he imagine (is my duty to make sure his life is sweeter than he thought too).

"Don't worry, I'm here always", says Mr Chooi.

I know some ladies might be thinking that a guy should be the one giving surprise no matter what occasion it is. But is not every guys are romantic type that can give you a surprise every time. The question is, why aren't we are the one that create the moment to surprise him sometimes? 

So yeah, this is the story that I would like to document up and share with lovelies. Do lovelies have a story to share with me too? Share with me your stories at comment box below or send me a mail about your ideas or suggestion to try out too. Till next story, またね!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe