5 New Year Resolutions Mission of Mine for the year 2020.

8:37 PM

No matter how good or how bad your 2019 is, it is time for us to fill up our 2020 New Year Resolution. I understand that it is easy for us to have a bucket of new year resolution list, but it is hard for us to keep them.

The meaning of Goals and Resolutions are different even though these words may lead us to the meaning of success that we achieved in the end of our story.



Goal is a specific achievement that we wanna take up in our life. For example, take up a new language class that we interested in learning.


Whereas Resolutions is a permanent changes in our life after you achieve your Goal. For example, you can earn for a living for the new language that you have learned full time.

It is not as hard as we imagine to achieve our resolutions because all we need to do is just take up  simple, yet realistic goals. Let me share with you what are my simple, yet realistic goals and how I would  achieve it this year.

WHAT ARE MY 5 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS?


1. Get Healthier 

Everyone want to be healthy no matter in the term of physically or mentally. I want to sweat more like I used to be. Do you know that walk more stairs can help us on weight loss? Let us walk more on stairs to help us to reduce fats in us while looking good.


More veggies on my plate is normal as I lived with my vegan relatives at KL (though I still consume meat, but not at home and consume in very small amount). Simple home cook dish might not cost us much, but we can make it looks like very grand that can boost our satisfaction while saving.

Besides, let me share with you an extra secret of mine. I usually budget myself not to spend more than RM10 per day even during weekdays lunch hour. Although it is tough, but it really make us save a lot.

2. Read More(and more) Books.

I realize that I often buy books where the title of the book hits me hard, but the book will still remain new with plastic on few months (or years) later. So, my next resolution of the year would be less in buying, but more reading. I will read at least a chapter of a book every night before go for bed.

Do you know that reading books can improve our memories and leaning something new from masters? Besides, I'm sure reading do help us in writing and grammar as I have to polish my writing skills.


Although I know reading online is not a bad idea after all, but could you make sure that you will not scroll around on other social media or watching movies at Netflix? It is a test for Gen Y for not to scroll around when they can online. Do you agree with me?

3. Exploring New Hobbies

Other than picking up my Japanese language that I've stopped in the middle few years back, I will make some dance covers for various types of songs that I love too. This is because after a performance with a colleague during company's annual dinner last year, I realized that I shouldn't put away my choreography life. So, will practice more and put on a show no matter who are my audience.


We can learn as much as we want to with no cost at YouTube channel or any other online website. We can take our time to practice more except if you would like to be a professional, it would be better to take up a class that can certify your professionalism. Besides, while exploring new hobbies, we have to remember that consistency is very important on learning too.

4. Travel More

Last year was my first time travel out from Malaysia. Though is only to Hatyai, Thailand, but the feeling was amazing and make my life colorful. Besides, researchers found that women who love to travel have a lower heart attack risk, by boosting their happiness. So, travel more can make me happy.


I understand that travelling can be fun, but make us headache on the other hand because of travel budget issue. No worries, dear. Let me remind you that travelling is not only mean to have a holiday at other country, but a holiday to somewhere that can make you relax mentally. So, why not we travel locally to somewhere we have not been before within Malaysia? Except you have traveled and very familiar with the whole 14 states of Malaysia, then I unable to give any further advise on this matter.

5. Above all, SAVE MORE.

Yeap, realistic enough. Everything that we wanna take up do have their own price. No worries, I've  shared with you on my personal point of view of saving that works for me  of every resolution of mine earlier.


Bonus: My extra savings secret was to save a certain amount that I've set for the year. For example, whenever I have RM5 on hand, I will just put it aside and save it no matter what happens. Trust me,  in the end of the day, you will be surprise on how much you saved unexpectedly. Just give a try.

WHEN TO START?

Well, I've already started before the year 2020 arrive xD Just that I have to maintain and be more consistent in my schedule of my habits to achieve my goals of the day, and resolutions of my lifetime.


HOW TO START?

Dream big and dare yourself to achieve the resolutions of your 2020. How?


1. Break down the big dreams with small steps that you can work on it. 


Cut off the your bad habits like how I control myself on giving excuses. Practice more no matter how slow you pick up the skills. Just have to make sure that we consistent in progressing and enjoy the growing moment.

2. Self accountability 


Because I've committed myself through written and verbal promises to people that I don't want to let down, I have to work on it no matter what. If you find yourself hard to committed to yourself, find someone that accountable to give you a push then.

3. Appreciate on what you do


Everyone is perfectly imperfect. Therefore, don't be a perfectionist where it might kills you mentally. If you failed few times when you are trying, figure out how to improve it, not ignore it. Give yourself a break if you want to, but not quit. Treat yourself something you like having a sweet treat. Practice makes perfect and everything will be okay in the end.

Well, these are my New Year Resolution for the year 2020. I hope my personal sharing on my new year resolutions and tips on how to achieve it gives you an idea on how you manage your resolution list.

Do share with me what is your new year resolution of the year by blasting emails to my mail box. Besides, not to forget to drop your comments below if you have tips on helping me to achieve my resolutions. Last but not least, Dare Yourself to be better you.


Credits to @tiptopbandit for the inspiration and motivate me to continue pursuing on the things that I want to. I will continue to challenge myself, how about you?


Till next update and Happy New Year everyone! (^.^)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe